Assistant Buyer to Join Our Team! (On-site in Lincolnshire, IL)
New Job Opportunity!
We are seeking a full-time Assistant Buyer (Home Textiles- Bed, Bath, Window, and Rugs) to join LTD Commodities, a division of ASC Brands, LLC! As a premier company in Chicago, Illinois, we have become a trusted industry leader.
The Assistant Buyer is an entry-level position that works with and assists the Buyer to achieve product acquisition, sales, and margin goals in the department of a specific product category, to produce a product assortment that meets or exceeds the required volume. The Assistant Buyer interacts with vendors regarding information gathering, problem solving and purchasing of the products. In the process, the Assistant Buyer gains product knowledge and learns the long-range business strategy within the areas of responsibility. To succeed in this role, the candidate will possess excellent time management and communication skills in addition to being self-motivated and willing to take the initiative.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive and collaborative working environment. It’s important that everyone who works here feels safe and supported. We believe all our employees contribute to the success of our organization and the values that make us unique. As an Assistant Buyer, this individual will be a part of an exciting time in our company’s history as we continue to grow and excel in our industry.
What we are known for?
- Providing a safe, family-oriented environment
- A commitment to integrity
- Protecting our most valuable assets
- Always delivering the highest quality
- Finding solutions and providing value to our partners
- Positively impacting the communities we service
- Leaving the world a better place
What will you be responsible for?
- Reviews Product Information Sheets submitted by vendors to ensure that all information is complete and accurate.
- Completes Product Advertising Sheet identifying products unique selling features, product specs and overall look of the product in the ad.
- Communicates daily with vendors via e-mail and phone - promptly responds to all inquiries.
- Monitor buyer's workflow to verify all buys are completed and items scheduled in promotions are progressing as required.
- Analyzes product placement within the Market including similar products and retail analysis.
- Maintain listing of all samples ordered and follow up with vendors until all samples are received.
- Receives and organizes product samples for Buyer.
- Calculates all additional costs associated with product set up helps negotiate lower costs
- Works with buyer to develop products within category.
- Works on projects and sales reports as assigned by Buyer or Management.
What experience should you have?
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or related relevant retail work experience. Good opportunity for recent college graduate
- Excellent verbal communication skills - effective and clear
- Effective writing skills
- Strong analytical skills, including retail math preferred
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer Skills: Experience in Microsoft Excel and Word preferred. PowerPoint, Email and typing skills required
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
What benefits will you receive?
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Disability
- 401K Plan (coming soon)
- Holiday and Birthday pay
- Wellness Program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible and Friendly Work Environment
- 50% off Catalog Discount
This job description is not all-inclusive and may be subject to review and change at any time. In addition, we are an equal opportunity employer and value workplace diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!