As the Omni Assistant Buyer, you will drive our retail sales for all locations throughout our NORA region (US, Canada and Mexico) which is critical to our overall success. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your career with a team and company dedicated to internal movement and employee success. You will assist in procurement for product for all channels of Ecom, Retail (e.g. Full Price & Outlet) and will maintain purchase orders, manages receipt flows, creates/executes pricing strategies, and reacts to the various needs of the business. While you are able to work with product and trend analysis, your strengths are with analytics and managing data. Your efforts will ensure maximum sales & gross margin performance coupled with inventory management.
Join the Vans Family
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the creative voyagers within our company and community. For them, creativity is about the journey, not just the output. Our mission is to empower everyone to use creativity to discover themselves. Our vision is to create a world where anyone can be their unique self.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by our five values: We haveHEART– also referred to as the “Van Doren Spirit”. We are relentlesslyCURIOUSabout our consumers and the world around us. We areUNAPOLOGETICALLY AUTHENTICand whole heartedly believe the most “Off the Wall” thing you can do is be yourself. We are driven by a spirit ofINGENUITY. And we are passionate about localCOMMUNITIES. And most of all, we are a family that has fun together.
At Vans we empower creative exploration and inspire youth culture through a commitment to inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate and environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
As of October 18, 2021, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information provided during the recruitment process.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
• Manages purchase order process from top to bottom, ensuring specified deadlines are met. As well as receipt flow and secure timely deliveries by partnering with business planning and customer service.
• Assists with planning and executing pricing strategies in accordance with fiscal responsibilities, maximizing sales, margin, & inventory management
• Assists in developing assortment plans, sales forecasts, writing reports, & analyzing sales figures, along with reviewing & reacting to sales performance and selling reports
• Communicates needs/strategies with Cross functional Ecom partners as well asStore Operations, (e.g. District Manager/Store Manager)
• Manage samples: organize samples by season for merchant presentations, floorset preparation, marketing needs, and sample sales.
How you will do it:
• Work closely with the buyer to execute the business strategies and objectives utilizing SAP, Business Objectives (BOBJ), Excel, and PowerPoint.
What success looks like:
• Meeting sales & gross margin performance coupled with inventory management
• Completing deliverables in timely and accurate manner
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a mission-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+ years of prior experience in chain-store buying or merchandising at the Assistant or Associate level.
Educational Position Requirements:
A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What we expect you already know:
• Proficient Computer skills to include Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and other relevant Retail applications
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts with knowledge/experience in retail math
• Knowledge/experience in SAP and BOBJ preferred
• Develops collaborative and diverse relationships
What we will teach you:
• Systems and Processes that are unique to Vans Internal Use
• A Dynamic work environment that will provide hands on knowledge of the Direct to Consumer Business.
VF Guiding Principles:Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Perservere.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial wellbeing for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?
Unless prohibited by applicable law, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.