Assistant Buyer - Fashion Jewelry
The primary function of the Global Buying department is to deliver an exciting and commercially focused product assortment for Claire’s and Icing that meets the customers’ needs and drives revenue for the company.
The Assistant Buyer is specifically responsible for supporting the buying team and partnering with cross functional partners to execute the merchandising strategy that meets or exceeds financial goals for their respective departments.
Core Areas of Responsibility
- Assortment Execution
- Daily Vendor Communication
- Sample Management
- Purchase Order Management
- Organizational Support
- Weekly, Monthly, and Seasonal Business Analysis
- Support Buyer on all day to day functions for assigned category
- Expert in customer and global competition for assigned department, understanding other retailers’ assortments, pricing and promotional strategies in comparison to Claire’s/Icing. Reports back findings and any relevant actions.
- Build and maintain strong vendor and cross functional relationships through timely communication and follow up.
- Partner with various cross functional departments including but not limited to Planning, Allocation, Marketing, QA, Product Design Logistics and In Store Presentation to ensure the correct execution of assortment strategy
- Ensure all samples are received in timely manner, in correct format, and communicate any changes to the vendor
- Ensure that all product samples are displayed and correctly labelled at all times within the sample area.
- Partner with Marketing, ISP, and Ecommerce to ensure correct samples are received for weekly handover and marketing images
- Manage all e-mail correspondence effectively and efficiently, escalating concerns where necessary to the Global Buying Team
- Purchase order management including vendor set up, creation, encoding, revisions, maintenance, and tracking
- Prepare and distribute weekly business recap reports within the given deadline including best and worst sellers and new reactions ensuring all information is complete and accurate
- Assist the Global Buying Team in collating reporting documentation in preparation for the Monthly Product Performance Review (MPPR) meeting
- Display financial understanding and utilization of basic retail math to help analyze your department’s business on weekly, monthly, and seasonal basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-2 years retail store management experience preferred
- 1-2 fashion related internships a plus
- Strong retail math skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of current trends and how they apply to the Claire’s/Icing customer
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Sense of urgency with ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting