Assistant Buyer- Home
The right person to assist the Buyers in sourcing and managing the most coveted brands.
What You’ll Accomplish…
- Learn the art and science of off-price retail!
- Ensure that all boutique checkoffs, event pricing and POs are created and completed accurately in order to have successful sales and prevent receiving issues at the warehouse
- Analyze the competition, market research and competitive shop on line and in person to bring fresh ideas to the team
- Analyze sales trends, inventory and margin to achieve sales goals
- Build relationships with suppliers to obtain the most sought after product at the lowest price
- Constant exposure to all aspects of Rue business. Work closely with many of our amazing departments: Programming, Planning, Boutique Production, Creative and Marketing, and have the ability to learn from all of these teams!
- You will learn to be an expert in excel, tableau, retail math, and intricacies of watches itself
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Great experience in a retail environment using retail math
- Passion for product and a love of designer fashion. Are willing to start from the bottom and develop a long lasting buying career
- Detail oriented mind and are driven to achieve successful and profitable sales
- Kindness and are a natural team player!
- Proven analytical skills and are a risk taker
- A nice comfort working in Excel: You don’t shy away from (and maybe even get excited by) VLOOKUPs, and sorting
- If you’ve got everything going on above, you’re already a strong fit.
- If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us. You are flexible and have the ability to prioritize! Have the ability to be proactive, have great follow up and are able make important decisions under the pressure of meeting demanding targets.
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on Rue La La! Very team oriented and collaborative group who source merchandise from hundreds of suppliers!