Stuart Weitzman shoes are designed for high fashion and high function. Known for over 35 years for it's artisanal Spanish craftsmanship and precisely-engineered fit, the luxury footwear brand inspires women around the world to shine with confidence with every step.
Stuart Weitzman is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands committed to stretching what’s possible.
Job Title: Assistant Buyer, OutletSummary:The Assistant Buyer is a passionate and analytical individual who will be a key contributor of the North America and Europe omni outlet business. This person enjoys working with product as well as performing financial analysis and is a strategic thinker.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Partner with the Buyer to develop assortments by channel/location by analyzing product performance, customer feedback, and competitive landscape
- Participate in 4x/year Outlet buy in partnership with the Buying Manager– picking assortment, planning sales & inventory at sku level & presenting buy to leaderships
- Build and maintain assortment tools and sku counts
- Partner with Planning team on sku level open-to-buy and reforecast sales, inventory, and margin on a monthly basis
- Run weekly reporting, analyze product performance, and make action recommendations
- Participate in weekly sales review meetings
- Make pricing and promotion recommendations to maximize sales and turn while meeting margin targets
- Manage pricing updates in the system and communication flow to stores
- Hindsight seasonal performance and share learnings with leadership and merchandising
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills and comfortable partnering with many different teams
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Detailed oriented and highly organized
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in Buying or Planning required
- Experience in Footwear or sized category is a plus
- Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Stuart Weitzman is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Stuart Weitzman at www.stuartweitzman.com.