Assistant Buyer (Hybrid or Remote)
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Qurate Retail Group comprises seven leading retail brands – QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® – all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce ("vCommerce"), which includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms.
"Our Zulily corporate headquarters is in Seattle, WA, and this position is available for hybrid work in Seattle, WA, and remote work in Ohio."The Opportunity
Our Zulily corporate headquarters is in Seattle, WA, and this position is available for work in the following states: Washington & Ohio.
Our Assistant Buyers support events in a portfolio end-to-end for customer response, event engagement and achievement of sales targets. This is a developmental opportunity and on the job training within a cohort setting is provided. Assistant Buyers assist their Buyer to exceed financial goals, ensuring their vendors are delivering quality product, and executing all events. The Assistant Buyer manages a small portion of the Buyer's portfolio.Who We Are
Zulily is an online superstore committed to delivering a fun shopping experience for moms everywhere, without breaking the bank. Through exclusive daily deals, brand names and on-trend styles, and everyday value on a wide selection of daily essentials across clothing, footwear, homewares and more, Zulily helps moms discover great deals, create special moments for the family, and find the perfect unique items, guilt-free. At Zulily, shopping is a little different, a little better, and a lot more fun.
We are a team passionate for delighting our customers. Whether you want to work with incredible product selection, develop smart marketing plans, help us in our pursuit of faster fulfillment, or do something else awesome in between, we have a place for you. Our team is excited to change the way people shop every day – and we are just getting started!Your Impact
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships, answering requests promptly and resolve issues that arise
- Educate vendor on Zulily's business model, tools and processes
- Analyze event performance and customer feedback by category, vendor, and event and make recommendations to the Buyer
- Identify products and vendors for Zulily site in assigned category
- Under direction of the Buyer, develop, evaluate, and negotiate terms (price, quantity, delivery/ payment terms) for new and existing products to maximize demand and margin
- Curate events by selecting product assortment and determining best presentation utilizing data regarding past product and event performance to inform decisions regarding assortment
- Audit event before going live to ensure accurate and compliant product selection
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- You demonstrate an understanding of merchandising and retail math
- Experience analyzing reports and drawing conclusions/recommendations
- Excel (can perform intermediate functions)
- Differentiate between colors
Qurate Retail Group offers a total rewards package that includes:
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS: medical & prescription, dental, vision, life insurance/accidental death & dismemberment (supplemental insurance available for team members, spouse/partner & child), and short & long-term disability
- RETIREMENT SAVINGS: 401(k) with company match
- FAMILY CARE: childcare discounts, adoption assistance, leaves of absence for medical and personal needs, including paid parental leave of up to 8 weeks in addition to any available federal, state, or local leave entitlements
- ADDED BENEFITS: tuition reimbursement, generous team member discounts, team member relief fund, and more
- OTHER COMPENSATION: This role is eligible for an annual merit increase
- PAID TIME OFF: paid time off (PTO), paid sick leave (in applicable locations), paid company holidays, paid floating holidays, and paid volunteer day, depending on the date of hire
- PAID TIME OFF FOR TEAM MEMBERS WORKING IN WASHINGTON STATE ONLY: estimated annual accrual of 15 days of PTO (inclusive of state and local sick and safe leave) during your first year, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 7 paid company holidays per year, and up to 4 paid floating holidays per year, depending on the date of hire
Salary: $51,000.00 - $63,000.00Join us as we enrich life’s everyday moments – including yours. Apply today!
If you enjoy being a part of a team, creating experiences and delighting customers, you’ll love it here. If you’re excited about retail, fashion, media, social, live streaming, technology, customer service, design and more, you’ll find amazing projects to work on. If you want to grow professionally and learn every day, you’ll thrive with us. If you appreciateflexible working options, our Qurated community,
where intentional connections matter and a company committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, you’ll be amazed at what’s available for our team members! We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package including competitive compensation, health care benefits starting on day 1, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, parental leave, paid volunteer hours, company discounts and much more. Best of all, working with Qurate Retail Group means friendly teams, ambitious projects and fast-moving careers!
For Qurate Retail Group, our focus on diversity, equity and inclusion is deeply rooted in Our Principles. They call on us to Drive Progress, Act With Empathy, Be Brave, Embrace the Future, and Do What’s Right so that everyone can thrive. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides equal employment opportunities for all team members and candidates and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a barrier-free employment process. If you need reasonable accommodations/support throughout, please contact us at [email protected] for assistance.Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.