Assistant Buyer - i Saw IT First & Missguided
At Frasers Group we're rethinking retail. Through digital innovation and unique store experiences, we're serving our consumers with the world's best sports, premium and luxury brands globally. As a leader in the industry, we're elevating the retail experience for our consumers through our collection of established brands, including Sports Direct, FLANNELS, USC, Frasers, and GAME.
Working across two of our fashion brands - I SAW IT FIRST and Missguided, duties will include but not limited to:
- Able to deputise for buyer when necessary.
- Oversee progressing meetings.
- Attend and lead fit sessions with the Quality team.
- Prepare and present relevant information in weekly trade meetings.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships, understanding their strengths and weaknesses in line with the departments sourcing strategy.
- Handle cost price negotiations.
- Identify trading and maximisation opportunities, implementing as commercially appropriate.
- Assist with preparation of trade packs.
- Work alongside design to action new developments in line with both brands' handwriting and current trends.
- Review weekly sales, with a focus on the best and worst sellers and trade actions.
- Responsible for buying allocated areas of range within defined parameters.
- Work closely with merchandisers to ensure decisions are based on accurate data and with specified framework.
- Tracks intake.
- Liaise with Marketing teams as necessary to ensure productive relationship.
- Allocate appropriate tasks to trainees and supports their development.
An opportunity like this at Frasers Group is for the fearless. The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles:
- Think without limits and take the team with you
- Own it and back it
- Not hesitate and act with purpose
- Be commercial and customer focused
- Buying experience or working as an Assistant Buyer role or similar.
- Has an understanding the marketplace, target customer and key competitors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Good organisation skills and able to work well under pressure.
- Able to demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to be reactive and work in a fast-changing environment.