Assistant Buyer II, Cosmetics
At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
ASSISTANT BUYER II, BEAUTY / COSMETICSAbout Ross Stores, Inc.Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,900 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as seven state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2021 revenues of $18.9 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
Our Los Angeles Buying Office
- The LABO is located in a brand-new office at the California Market Center (CMC) building in the heart of the Fashion/ Garment district.
- Urban space (a big, nationally recognized food hall) as well as a gym and other retail shops will be opening up in the downstairs of the building late 2022
- Free Parking for our associates
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About This Opportunity...The Assistant Buyer II, Cosmetics is a collaborator, providing operational support to the Buyer with a focus on business management and problem solving to develop buying expertise. The Assistant Buyer II is committed to executing responsibilities and managing functions designed to develop fiscal accountability within the assigned classifications
- Perform operational functions supporting a buying team, by providing ongoing analysis and interpretation of key business issues including using merchandise reports, Open-to-Buy monitoring, stock analysis and other ad hoc analysis.
- Anticipate potential problems and risks; generate ideas, insights and solutions to resolve potential problems. Propose and execute solutions for issues identified during analysis of data.
- Manage merchandising systems, all planning tools such as financial plans, ladder plans, etc., and all spreadsheet applications. You own reporting processes (i.e. OTB, UDA, and Shipping etc.) to make actionable analysis and provide business recommendations to Buyer.
- Manage relationships with both internal cross-functional partners and with external vendors to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed. Troubleshoot issues and negotiate with vendors accordingly.
- Establish and maintain a reputation of credibility and responsiveness in the market place. Elicit critical information from vendors with regards to market trends and current buying activity of competitors and presents findings effectively.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge through sharing information with the Buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping Ross Stores and the market. Make recommendations to the Buyer on how to apply to Ross assortment mix, demonstrating an understanding of price/ value relationships.
- Utilize product knowledge to take initiative and exercise independent business judgment to find new resources and creative methods of sourcing product to impact the assortment.
Who you are...
- You have a Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years prior merchant/ Assistant Buyer experience, either buying in regional-size retailer (or Associate Buyer in large retail chain)
- You have thorough knowledge of merchandising and understand the technical aspects of merchandising
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You demonstrate proficiency in negotiation skills
- You have strong retail math skills
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to independently analyze business and make recommendations
- You possess highly effective written and verbal communication
- You possess strong PC/Microsoft Office skills, with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheet application
Perks and Benefits of joining our team...
Here's a Peek Into What You Can Expect As An Eligible Ross AssociateOur Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions.
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
- eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
Ross will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.