Assistant Buyer II, Handbags
Neiman Marcus Group is a relationship business that leads with love in everything we do—for our customers, associates, brand partners, and communities. Our legacy of innovating and our culture of Belonging guide our roadmap for Revolutionizing Luxury Experiences.
As an Assistant Buyer II with Bergdorf Goodman, you will be working to support our Handbags Buyer. This role requires you to live within commuting distance from New York City.
What You’ll Do
- Assist buyer in achieving sales and gross margin
- Manage day-to-day operations of the buying office
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships
- Oversee vendor support and store communication
- Recap and analyze selling, category and vendor performance
- Manage promotional activities to drive in season business
- Attend market appointments prepared with strategic assortment plans and understanding of product with a customer centric approach
- Negotiate buying terms and end of season with vendors
- Execute a seasonal merchandise strategy based on customer needs, product performance, industry trends, and business analytics
- Accurately forecast monthly receipts and manage inventory flow
- Partner with Planner in developing seasonal financial plans and budgets
- Partner with Omni team for online product content/image maintenance
- Manage marketing process including marketing proposals, co-op, and coordinating samples through effective communications with marketing and vendors
- Manage and develop Merchandise Assistants
- Strong leadership, management, communication, customer service, and organization skills
- Agility and ability to perform in a fast paced, changing environment
- Exceptionally strong Excel skills (Excel certification is a plus)
- Self motivation and an action/results-oriented mindset
- Relationship management with a customer focus
- Retail or service experience is a plus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits, including wellness and healthy lifestyle support, for associates, spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Flexible Spending Account for eligible medical and dependent (day care) expenses
- Disability Benefits, including Short-Term Disability providing income replacement up to 26 weeks
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave, 2 weeks of Paid Family Leave, and Adoption Support of $10,000
- Paid Time Off, including 6 paid holidays, flexible time off for vacations and personal time, 3 volunteer days, and 7 sick days
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with NMG matching and $20,000 Term Life Insurance paid by NMG with additional voluntary coverage available
- Financial Solutions, including Credit Union membership, pay advances via PayActiv, tuition reimbursement, and scholarship opportunities
- NMG Associate’s Core Discount of 30% with multiple in-store opportunities for an additional 30% off across select brands
- NMG Matching Gift Program up to $2,000 to eligible non-profits, Hardship Assistance Grants up to $7,500 for Associates, and a volunteer opportunity hub through NMG’s All Heart Program
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities with 16,000+ online learning opportunities, including NMG’s Fashion Your Future, LinkedIn Learning, MasterClass, BetterUp, Connected Leaders Academy, 9 Associate Community Networks, and additional personalized learning experiences
- NMG Discount Marketplace featuring 1,000s of products and services with over $5,000 in saving
As one of the largest multi-brand luxury retailers in the U.S., with 3,000+ of the world's most desirable brand partners, we're delivering exceptional products and intelligent services enabled by our investments in data and technology. Through the expertise of our associates, we deliver and scale a personalized luxury experience across our three channels of in-store, eCommerce, and remote selling. Our NMG|Way culture, powered by our people, combines individual talents into a collective strength to make life extraordinary. Our brands include Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a woman co-founded, majority women-led organization outpacing the U.S. population in racial and ethnic diversity and led by one of corporate America’s few openly gay CEOs, Neiman Marcus Group is proud to celebrate associates from different backgrounds, experiences, and communities. We've made it a priority to cultivate a culture where everyone Belongs and where showing up as your full and authentic self is encouraged.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our Talent Attraction process. If you have a disability and need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at ApplicantSupport@NeimanMarcus.com.
- Posting Date: Feb 5, 2024
- Overtime Status: Exempt
- Minimum Pay Range $: 68000
- Maximum Pay Range $: 68000