Assistant Buyer - International
Assistant Buyer – Global BuyingREPORTS TO:
Buyer - Global BuyingSummary
Supports Geo Buyer in the creation of a commercially viable assortment for AE and Aerie brands for designated Franchise Account. Participates in in-season and future assortment strategy discussions with knowledge of their Account and maintains strong partnerships with the cross functional team.Responsibilities
- Supports Geo Buyer in partnership with Geo Planner and Business Director to ensure product strategies are in line with overall business strategy.
- Supports In-season business through weekly business analysis and recaps.
- Understand and help to identify changes in trend and business in order to maximize sales/margin opportunities.
- Support in creation of ad-hoc reporting as necessary
- Supports Geo Buyer in creation of seasonal Geo Roadmap
- Understand weekly/monthly business trends and utilizes this in conjunction with geo expertise to influence seasonal roadmap
- Understand regional business trends with the support of Franchise Partners to ensure key business drivers are available to support the business
- Support Geo Buyer with identification of programs for peak international business opportunities by market, ex: CNY, Passover, Ramadan
- Understand climate requirements by market, such as reverse seasonality, and builds into the strategy
- Ensure product assortment is commercially viable and aligned with AEO Brands’ seasonal vision
- Participate in seasonal buy conversations during International Market through business and geography expertise
- Be aware of key looks for the season and support the brand vision throughout presentations to Franchise Partners
- Support Geo Buyer during full product detail presentations by fixture/product category
- Support Geo Buyer in the creation of “must have” list by category to ensure business productivity and growth
- Understand in partnership with Brand Presentation Manager store mapping to ensure ideas are intact as presented for small/mid/large format locations
- Support Geo Buyer in creation / selection of appropriate assortment distortions and extensions as applicable to designated Geo Channel
- Adapt and edit provided buying tools to be Geo specific when applicable
- Continued innovation in the buying experience
- Responsible for weekly PO checks to ensure order accuracy
- Responsible for maintenance of all worksheets / files associated with Geo channel
- Clear understanding of company systems
- Supports Geo Buyer in creation and maintenance of Geo Item Master
- Responsible for accurate and timely updates to all style attributes
- Participate in all milestone meetings as related to the assortment strategy for designated Geo Channel
- Pre-Season: Roadmap, Product Alignment, Hindsight, Strategy, Market
- In-Season: Communication to Franchise Partners for any changes to the assortment, including chase additions, drops, and other order updates
- Responsible for calling out concerns to Geo Buyer for timely resolution
- Clear understanding of AEO market presence globally, understanding of international competition and pricing architecture
- Key accountabilities in role are:
- Total sales
- International exclusive product sales
- Margin performance (COO & franchise where possible)
- Receipt management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or equivalent experience
- 1 – 3 year’s prior experience in buying, merchandising and/or sales
- Prior global experience for company owned, franchise, or wholesale models
- Positive and passionate individual will be most successful in this and future roles
- Understanding of fashion and retail trends as well as how to interpret their seasonal stories/messages for the AE customer. Keen sense of fashion exhibited through personal taste.
- Excellent analytical and creative skills to challenge the planning and design sides of the organization, successfully work with License partners’ creative and analytical teams.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy (coolness and composure under strain, confidence without arrogance)
- Forward Thinking/Innovative – Not satisfied with the status quo, ahead of the times, advanced views, creating something like nothing done or experienced before
- Persuasive - Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management. Able to motivate others through the appropriate use of interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea
- Strategic – Possesses the ability to conceptualize and understand risks facing a business as well as the ability to create a strategy surrounding a specific opportunity. Build creative solutions and plans that meet objectives and maximize impact
- High degree of proficiency Google Suite, specifically advanced proficiency in Excel and a comfort level building and manipulating reports
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment with critical attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to relevant experience and location.
- Subject to eligibility requirements, associates may receive health care benefits (including medical, vision, and dental); wellness benefits; 401(k) retirement benefits; life and disability insurance; employee stock purchase program; paid time off; paid sick leave; and parental leave and benefits.
- Paid Time Off, paid sick leave, and holiday pay vary by job level and type, job location, employment classification (part-time or full-time / exempt or non-exempt), and years of service. For additional information, please click here .
- AEO may also provide discretionary bonuses and other incentives at its discretion.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or partnership status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.Primary Location
United States-New York-NEW YORKWork Locations
New York Design OfficeJob
Day JobJob Posting
Jan 25, 2023, 3:30:59 PMAnticipated Pay Range
$56,900 - $60,000