Assistant Buyer, Inventory Management Ready
About the Role
Challenging. Analytical. Game Changing. IM Ready is a 90-day immersion and training program that leads to a role within our Inventory Management or Online function at Old Navy, a division of Gap Inc. brands. Through this program, Old Navy hires into the positions of Inventory Analyst, Allocation Analyst, Assistant Digital Merchandiser, and Assistant Buyer.
In this unique on-boarding approach, trainees gain real life exposure to the business before taking ownership over it. All trainees are matched with a coach, buddy and mentor who will guide their learning journey, which consists of hands-on learning, classroom instruction, job shadowing, case studies & projects, as well as homeroom-like sessions.
On your first day as a trainee in the IM Ready program you are provided with full Gap Inc. benefits which include: full medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; Employee Stock Purchase Plan; 401(k) matching; employee merchandise discount in Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic stores; 20 days (annually) of paid time off.
Individuals with a highly analytical background and a passion for the retail industry are encouraged to apply. Below are the qualifications and descriptions of the roles currently available through the IM Ready training program.
This role is based out of the 2 Folsom office. Currently, job duties are being performed remotely. However, the Company may in the future require you/this role to be in the office on a full-time or part-time basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.’s policy, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.’s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Drive in-season business through weekly promotion and markdown changes
- Manage monthly open to buy forecast
- Analyze and report current business and be able to adapt new strategies to changing business
- Develops and builds department & class level plans that support market/division strategy
- Develops and builds pre-season style plans and recommends investment quantities in line with commercial plan and financial goals
- Manages the reconciliation of class-to-department bottoms-up plans. Understands product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level and applies learnings into future product strategies.
- Roadmap/Assorts based on market specific seasonality, sales trends and opportunities while maintaining the Global Old Navy product vision.
- Understands competitive environment; drives pricing strategy, proactively seeks market knowledge.
- Work with Planning Analysts to ensure proper inventory flow for the right store, right size, right place, right time
Who You Are
- Analytical Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses.
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Process Management: Able to create and organize work and processes to get things done in the most efficient manner
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skill