Assistant Buyer, Kids
Saks is a world-renowned luxury ecommerce destination. The company’s unique approach combines a focus on the digital customer experience with a strong connection to a network of extraordinary stores that extends that seamless experience into the real world.
On its website and app, Saks offers an unparalleled selection of curated merchandise across fashion for women and men, beauty, jewelry, home décor and more. In addition to the shopping experience, customers come to Saks for inspiring editorial content, access to digital stylists, lifestyle experiences and other world-class services. The company is currently in the midst of a dramatic expansion, driven by significant enhancements to its platforms and offerings, with the goal of becoming the preeminent destination for luxury internationally.
What This Position is All About:The Assistant Buyer is a motivated individual that will participate in vendor selections, and partnerships. They will assist with merchandise transfers, and ensure the resolution of data integrity. The Assistant Buyer will assist in providing information for the monitoring of inventory productivity, and the analysis of vendor profitability while providing data and analysis for price changes, and assists in entering prices changes on line.
Who You Are:
- Strong interpersonal skills who can gain ground without damaging relationships. Can be both direct but diplomatic and gain trust from others quickly.
- You often go above and beyond your goals. You are a consistent performer with a proven track record in driving positive outcomes through objectives and measures within a large complex organization.
- Generates a variety of approaches to problem solving quickly including new and novel ideas.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply retail math concepts, including elements of markup, margin planning, open to buy, and inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI).
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- 1 - 2 years' experience as an Assistant Buyer, preferably in a major department store.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment.
- Merchandising: Assists in vendor selection and in developing and maintaining strong vendor partnerships. Assists in monitoring industry trends and in evaluating competition, and attends major markets as feasible and necessary. Provides information for the development of the merchandise strategy, and assists in product selection and product and key item development as directed. Assists in conducting line reviews / style outs for management and staff. Assists in setting up new items in the item database. Ensures the dissemination of product knowledge to store associates. Executes the Best / Worst Seller Review. Develops sales unit performance reports. Aids in the preparation of the Merchandise Hindsight. Ensures merchandise samples are maintained accordingly.
- Purchasing, Allocation, and Replenishment: Assists in analyzing class performance, planned class penetration, and average retail by class. Assists in managing the timely placement and maintenance of purchase orders. Assists in providing analysis to support micro-merchandising strategies. Participates in weekly allocation strategy sessions. Assists in merchandise transfer initiation. Executes returns to vendors as negotiated and necessary. Assists in providing feedback for space strategies (fixture /square footage). Ensures the resolution of data integrity (on hand) issues. Provides information for identification of distribution and vendor logistics opportunities. Aid in providing systems (STARS Planning / OTB) expertise for other users. Provides information for coordinating systems (STARS planning/OTB) enhancements requests.
- Open-to-Buy Monitoring: Assists in the development and maintenance of the PO checkbook. Assists in the bi-monthly forecasting of sales and inventories through the OTB review process. Executes the markdown projection process and provides information for the projection and negotiation of vendor allowance. Supports the development and execution of aged inventory exit strategies. Monitors vendor to store receipt flows, and actual to planned receipts. Manages the purchase journal review process. Assists in providing information for the monitoring of inventory productivity, and the analysis of vendor profitability. Monitors and evaluates the vendor received not ordered compliance report.
- Pricing and Promotion: Assists in establishing pricing strategy. Provides data and analysis for price changes, and assists in entering prices changes on line in a timely manner. Assists in planning and approving all advertising and promotions. Assists in providing information for the timely response to store visit notes. Provides feedback for ad in stock on promotional items, and ensures the communication of in-stock issues to stores. Provides analysis and monitors style advertising effectiveness. Manages product ticketing and in-store signage. Facilitates the issuance of store presentation guidance. Furnishes information to Price Management with regard to store communications on pricing issues.
- Financial Planning: Provides information for the preliminary development of the vendor / store matrix. Provides information for the flow of the departmental topside plans by month. Assists in providing analysis for and participates in the Business Review.
- People Development: Participates in training and development. Helps to develop and support a team environment, and participates in the team's activities. Participates in fostering job satisfaction and positive morale.
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Saks.com is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.