Assistant Buyer, Marketplace Textiles - Pottery Barn
We hope yo u're interested in building a home with us. Even if you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About The TeamThe Assistant Buyer is someone who is excited to jump in and learn about the business and is equally as excited about the analytical and creative parts. You will work closely with a very passionate and collaborative group of team members that are zealous about Merchandising. We are in search of someone who can jump from one task to another quickly and efficiently, and someone who is excited about working with a fun and energetic group!
Overview Of The RoleYou will report to a Buyer and oversee a range of products. You will be responsible for handling all pricing and maintaining all price/cost changes for DTC and Retail. As the Assistant Buyer, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with all areas of the business.
- Responsible for SKU setup/SKU maintenance
- Responsible for made to order, visual line and merchandise lists
- Set up and maintenance of all SKUs for stocked and dropship product
- Communicate as needed with the Merchandise team in regards to project and sample status, costing/SKU worksheets
- Connect with global merchandise teams and create global-specific SKUs
- Update SKU details as the assortment changes on the individual and collection level
- Responsible for sample management
- Responsible for handling all pricing; promotions, markdowns
- Enter POS Markdowns and Promotions
- Enter and maintain all price and cost changes for DTC and Retail, working closely with inventory partners and sourcing teams
- Manage samples for photoshoots and seasonal presentations and work with our photo and warehouse teams to track sample positions as needed
- Assist in monthly retail floor sets
- Prepare analysis as directed
- Take on general administrative duties as needed
- BA degree
- 1-4 years of retail buying experience
- Strong analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Deadline driven and strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently across multiple projects
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal (strong business acumen)
- Familiar and comfortable with pulling sales reports and strong ability to analyze business metrics
- Detail-oriented – takes appropriate time to complete tasks and reviews work to ensure accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) required to create pivot tables and experience with advanced formulas such as VLOOKUPS
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just For YouDepending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
About UsOur Company
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.