Assistant Buyer- Men's
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.Job Description
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for providing analytical, operational and clerical support to buyers to assist in planning and selecting a range of products to sell in our retail stores. The buying team sources new products and reviews existing items to ensure a proper product mix, balanced inventory and proper inventory flow, adhering to assigned financial targets and OTB (open to buy) plans. They must consider critical factors when making purchasing decisions, including customer demands, market trends, product availability, product flow, and pricing strategy. The assistant buyer plays a critical role in supporting the success of the buying teamEssential Job Results-
- Write, place and track purchase orders.
- Partner with buyers in completing all marketing requests.
- Organize and maintain current and accurate assortment of product samples.
- Complete all necessary date changes.
- Support buyers in maintenance of bulk position, providing a weekly review of fast and slow selling items, broken sizes and liquidation opportunities.
- Execute cancellation of all small/broken pairs.
- Set up and classification of all new styles.
- Partner with buyer to maintain and update assortment sheets
- Upload all initial pricing, price changes and markdowns.
- Support DMM in updating weekly reporting and offering assessment of identified risks and opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with ease, set appropriate priorities, and manage time effectively while paying strict attention to detail
- Strong integration skills, with the ability to coordinate all aspects of project
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to present technical information in a non-technical fashion
- Ability to identify issues, recommend and implement strategies to resolve problems, and manage issue escalation effectively
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The salary range for this position is $65,000-$70,000/year.Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave: including time for fathers and adopting parents.
- Short term & long term disability and life insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Extensive medical, dental, and vision plans with multiple carries, including EPO,HPN and PPO plans.
- Competitive 401k plan and employer matching.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) offerings.
- Paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday time.
- Pet Insurance available.
- Onsite wellness programs at company headquarters including fitness classes, acupuncture, and chiropractor.
- Employee stock purchase program
- Employee product discount of 50%; employee sample sales and family and friends discount throughout the year.
- Skechers Company Culture and growth strategy is deeply infused with internal career growth and opportunities for learning.