Assistant Buyer - Men's Accessories
We are a leading specialty retailer of casual apparel, footwear and accessories for young men, young women, boys and girls with an extensive assortment of iconic global, emerging, and proprietary brands rooted in an active and social lifestyle. We are based out of sunny Southern California at the Tilly’s RSC. You’ll hear the term RSC a lot, it stands for Retail Support Center since our corporate offices are here to support our retail and online stores.
Working at Tillys allows you to experience a new style of work life. Our work culture is fun and relaxed. We encourage you to be you and that means you should be comfortable. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code and a fun, fast paced work environment where creative minds work together to achieve common goals. As a part of the team you’ll contribute towards and share in our success. A career at Tillys is all about working together to make things happen… so what are you waiting for?
SummaryThe following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the Assistant Buyer.Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Support Buyer on all day-to-day functions of the department.
- Generates, maintains and follows through on all Purchase Orders. Some examples include vendor delivery, tickets, samples and warehouse issues etc.Ensure that communication (written/verbal) is complete and thorough with vendor and internal partners.Set and agree upon dates for completion of projects with buyer and communicate progress.
- Organization with files, samples and photos.Work in an efficient manner that maximizes time management.Update files so that they are up to date.Purge files/samples/photos as needed to keep area current.Perform regular maintenance on picture boards so that assortments are represented accurately.
- Creates and re-caps all weekly markdowns.
- Monitors on-order and manages weekly receipt flow into DC.
- Assists in management of OTB.
- Partners with Allocation, Marketing, and Visual teams to ensure correct execution of assortments in store.
- Requests and manages samples for fittings, photo shoots, and meetings.
- Ensures quality control of all orders.
- Creates recaps and reports as needed.
- Maintains positive working relationships with vendors and internal partners.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner and respond with timeliness.
- Able to effectively use common office equipment.
- Resourceful and able to research problems and recommend solutions.
- Numerical and analytical ability required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Trend and fashion awareness with ability to understand current trends, competition and market.
- Ability to reprioritize projects frequently.
- Must have ability to multitask.
- Independent, self-motivated, team player.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- 1-2 years of Assistant Buying experience required.
- High School Diploma required.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits … vision is fully paid by us!
- Employee Discount online and in-store
- Discount on numerous attractions, travel and events
- Employee Sample Sale
- Relaxed work environment … wear what we sell in our stores
- 40 hours paid sick time granted on day 1!
- Fitness and wellness events virtually or at the office
- Hourly Salary Range: $22-$25 - Offer placement within this range is dependent on a variety of factors, including prior relevant experience, skill set, and qualifications.
“Tillys will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XVIII, Article 9 (Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).”