Assistant Buyer - Men's Boots
The Assistant Buyer - Men's Boots is responsible for assisting Buyer in source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's needs for indirect materials and services. The Assistant Buyer will be involved in the day to day administration duties and assisting other purchasing personnel in the efficient procurement of goods and services.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Buyer in monitoring the OTB plan and make recommendations to achieve retail sales goals and inventory plans
- Serve as first line of contact with vendors, the Buying team, and stores on all purchasing, merchandising, and other category issues
- Maintain an organized system for all purchase orders and sales confirmations, which can be easily managed as well as understood by team
- Compile and review financial data, ensure accuracy for strategic decisions
- Establish effective and efficient communication to vendors, ensure proper receipt flow, and provide accurate data and size/allocation on purchase orders including; monitoring open purchase orders to ensure all merchandise ordered has been received
- Assist the Buyer with managing replenishment for product inventory levels and turns through effective model stock management
- Assist the Buying team managing gross margin through sales, markdowns, return to vendors, and markups
- Assist Buyer(s) to manage promotional aspect such as; contests, samples for Marketing, catalog books and special events
- Provide ad hoc statistical reports to Buyers upon request
- Assists in placing recurring product orders on non-promotional merchandise
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years corporate Retail Planning/Buying/Allocations experience
- Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment with efficiency and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with good initiative
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines
- Decision Making
- Results Orientated
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
- Light: Office work, some lifting, bending, stooping or kneeling, walking
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- The workspace is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance
- Noise levels are considered moderate
Boot Barn, Inc. reserves the right to make exceptions to, modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.