Assistant Buyer - Men's Bottoms
Overview Who is Pacsun? Pacsun is dedicated to delivering an exclusive collection of the most relevant brands and styles to a community of inspired youth. Through partnerships with brands such as adidas, Brandy Melville, Essentials Fear of God, our own brands, and many more, we offer a unique range of product that all youth can express themselves through. We have worked with celebrities such Emma Chamberlain, Storm Reid, Jules LeBlanc, and A$AP Rocky to curate exclusive product. Pacsun ranks #3 as a favorite apparel brand amongst teens - #1 amongst women and #4 amongst men. We have a reach of 1.6M followers on TikTok, 2.5M followers on Instagram and over 380K followers on Twitter. We are committed to continuously learn and take action through philanthropic initiatives and outreach to support and partner with organizations that align with our company values of good mental health, diversity, and equality. We believe in and understand the importance of using our voice, platform, and resources to inspire and bring about positive development in our local and global communities. Through meaningful partnerships and engagements, our goal is to inspire and positively impact the people around us, near and far. Assist the buyer in managing all aspects of the category businesses in order to drive results that meet or exceed the planned financial and qualitative objectives established for the fiscal period, support administrative needs of the business group. Assume full responsibility for a classification or classifications as assigned by the Buyer. Take data flow information and independently make recommendations on how to drive the business, take initiative to understand variance to plan and prior year, build partnerships that allow for open and timely communication and have confidence to speak in open forums and provide value added comments. Partner closely with eCommerce Buying team. Responsibilities:
- Driving sales and margins through vendor communication, internal design and product development, presenting new strategies and opportunities for sales and profits for their classification
- Identifying key trends in the market place and translating the trends to our target consumer
- Assist in developing seasonal merchandising strategies and prioritize tasks to support market strategy
- Communicate departmental seasonal strategies to design and cross functional merchandising team to ensure they support long term departmental goals
- Rank styles based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment
- Partner with planning team to develop balanced investment and inventory strategies
- Make recommendations for in season strategy changes as needed and communicate to cross functional team on a timely basis
- Purchase order management - Ability to reconcile and report out receipts on a monthly basis and demonstrate financial responsibility for success of business
- Assist in executing business strategies, including product development, promotional strategies, and product presentation
- Sit in on vendors’ appointments and participate in Product Development and purchasing in the market as well as internally with PACSUN’s products
- Prepare for meetings and projects with Business Analysts
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in buying office as an Assistant Buyer preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Word, familiar with Island Pacific and comfortable with Excel and Lotus.
- Must have strong communication skills, providing direction to private label, design and product development team and brands.
- Ability to move and react quickly to sell-through reports, working on both chase and pre-book calendars
- Must be task driven and pro-active when it comes to executing tasks
- Must be numerically strong and understand the relation of sales and inventory; perform analysis and derive trend/risk opportunities and must be proactive in identifying risks and opportunities. Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Other Considerations: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role. Pac Perks:
- Flexible work options
- Dog friendly office environment
- Beverages and snacks provided daily
- Onsite gym, volleyball court, ping-pong tables, and a skate park available on campus
- HQ workforce of 60%+ people of color
- $1,000 referral incentive program
- Associate discount of 30-50% off merchandise online and in-stores
- Competitive long term and short term incentive program
- Immediate 100% vested 401K contributions and employer match
- Calm Premium access for all employees through 2021
- Employee perks throughout the year
- Visit our LinkedIn page to view many articles regarding our leaders and current initiatives *Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
We work hard & play hard at our gym/basketball/sand volleyball court/skate park! We indulge in froyo, massages, & our employee discount. Pac has a casual environment and we even bring dogs to work!