Assistant Buyer, Men's Designer Rtw
For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates works towards the goal of enabling our customer to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
About Bergdorf Goodman
As the house of extraordinary taste for almost 120-years,
We are New York's original icon of style.
The legendary window on inventive inspiration,
Discerning since day one, we define the culture of fashion.
We are a community of "creative ingeniuses"
Cultivating experiences beyond the expected,
and nurturing ideas that inspire the joy of discovery.
We thrive on bringing exceptional creative talents together.
We are unabashedly luxury. And luxury is ours to define.
We are Bergdorf Goodman
Darcy Penick, President of Bergdorf Goodman and one of the first leaders in pure-play fashion e-commerce, has built a team of industry pioneers who are bringing their collective expertise and commitment to operational excellence to the world of Bergdorf Goodman. As the destination to discover best in class designers, emerging brands and exclusive products, Bergdorf Goodman provides customers with transformative experiences that embody the definition of modern luxury.
- Assist buyer in achieving sales, and gross margin
- Manage day-to-day operations of the buying office
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships
- Oversee vendor support and store communication
- Recap and analyze selling, category, and vendor performance
- Manage promotional activities to drive in season business
- Attend market appointments prepared with strategic assortment plans and understanding of product with a customer centric approach
- Negotiate buying terms and end of season with vendors
- Execute a seasonal merchandise strategy based on customer needs, product performance, industry trends, and business analytics
- Accurately forecast monthly receipts and manage inventory flow
- Partner with Planner in developing seasonal financial plans and budgets
- Partner with Omni team for online product content/image maintenance
- Manage marketing process including marketing proposals, co-op, and coordinating samples through effective communications with marketing and vendors
- Execute and manage marketing events for both channels
- Manage and develop Merchandise Assistant
- Perform additional tasks as required
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Strong leadership, management, communication, customer service, and organization skills
- Flexible and able to perform in a fast paced, changing environment
- Exceptionally strong Excel skills
- Personal Learning
- Process Management
- Strategic Agility
- Retail or service experience is helpful