Assistant Buyer - Novelty Accessories
At BoxLunch, we're serious about pop culture, and using our platform as a means to end hunger. For every $10 spent in store, we're donating a meal to Feeding America.
We're looking for an Assistant Buyer that will support our growing Buying team. Our crew has a tiny footprint in relation to what we've accomplished, and in this role you'll have to opportunity to be a big part of it! You'll support our Accessories Buyer in developing compelling seasonal assortments that capture the right mix of fashion trends and pop culture fun. This role is part creative, part analytical and all collaboration.What You'll Do
- Support your team in achieving sales and margin objectives for seasonal buy plans
- Assist your Buyer in the selection and purchase of product from vendor lines to augment planned assortments based on trend data. You'll have a hand in everything from vendor meetings and sample management to trend analysis and analytics
- Partner with with vendors and provide an amazing experience with our brand
- Be a team player; you'll work closely with a broad array of business groups. You'll do a great job of maintaining solid relationships with our stores, vendors, distribution centers and planning teams
- Anything else that might come up!
- Associates Degree or higher, or equivalent work experience
- At least 1 year progressive experience as an Assistant Buyer and the ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Product Development or Merchandising knowledge is helpful. The more you know about product life cycle, the better!
- Availability to regularly attend conventions and events to remain keen on current trends, and innovations regarding pop culture. Tough work, huh?
- Strong knowledge of pop culture and fashion trends with a passion for our product!
- Deep analytical skills and quantitative abilities. You can crunch numbers and aren't afraid of the words: analysis & Microsoft Excel
- High attention to detail while staying organized in a fast paced environment
- Last but definitely not least; you'll need to be a team player with a positive attitude. We're a collaborative startup, and we need team members that understand that what we're accomplishing collectively is both amazing and attributed to camaraderie and teamwork