Assistant Buyer (PGH)
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue.
Living Our ValuesInclusivity:rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome.Integrity:We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standard high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game.Collaboration:Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together.Curiosity:We don’t ask why, we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible.Community:Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates and partners. We care, we connect, we listen and we deliver.
Job DescriptionThe Assistant Buyer contributes to rue21's results by supporting the Buyers in all product selection, price negotiation and purchasing decisions of the Merchandising Department. Manage formal communication i.e. purchase orders and changes thereon to vendor community.
- Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their team or sphere of influence.
- Process all purchase orders, including coding and communicating the information to vendors.
- Work with vendors and buyers to support negotiation of PO terms including cost.
- Update PO system for retail changes, cost changes and extension dates.
- Intermediary between buyers and vendors on issues including cancellation of orders.
- Maintain and update Open-to-buy/recap sheets daily, weekly and monthly.
- Communicate with Distribution Center on problems related to order shipping issues.
- Analyze reports and make recommendation for merchandise re-orders.
- Review all reports to update Buyers and GMM.
- Answer vendor inquiries.
- One+ year experience in assistant buying preferred
- Buying internship preferred
- Prior retail experience preferred
- Individuals who do well in fast paced environments who are detail oriented and organized.
- Passion for fashion
- Relevancy in pop culture
- Inclusivity: our brand is inclusive and so is our team
- Evolving mindsets: team player who can drive a business forward
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
- Engaging interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions to make recommendations.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
Please be aware that the Company requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
At rue21 we believe everyone has a voice and a seat at the table. Inclusion is in our DNA, and we embrace each individual’s unique story they have to tell.
Our Benefits Include
- Employee Discount
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Energetic & Innovative Culture
- Casual Dress Code
- Tiered Medical/Dental/Vision Plans & Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet, Home & Auto)
- 401k Retirement