Assistant Buyer, Team Sports Footwear
Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you will be required to also create a candidate home account with Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors job application.
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
- 0-3 years experience
- Corporate retail experience preferred
- Strong communication skills with individuals at various levels
- Build strategic work relationships with category management team, vendors and colleagues
- Ability to multi-task, and effectively prioritize workload in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment while remaining detailed and organized
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency, able to work both independently and on a team
- Maintain the customer perspective as a driving force behind business decisions and activities
- Analyze, draw independent conclusions and present findings and recommendations to achieve company goals and strategic objectives
- Work with minimal supervision, with wide latitude for the use of initiative, discretion and independent judgment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Manage the advertising process, including analyzing sales volume and trends, identifying and selecting products, ascertaining sample needs, monitoring and managing product inventory, creating financial projections, and making recommendations to marketing team on which products are selected to advertise in both print and digital
- Create all orders adhering to tight deadlines, utilizing discovery buy sheets, and understanding which of Size Optimization or DC Splits applies. Communicate with vendors to ensure orders are processed accurately.
- Manage all aspects of item setup and item ranging to ensure product arrives at the right stores using the appropriate allocation process. Maintain vendor relationships and ongoing communication with vendors, ensure selection of correct classes and attributes (which affects reporting), and differentiate reporting between new and current items
- Manage relationships with Ecomm only vendors to curate the assortment that is chosen for online. Analyze online sales performance, which is key in selecting assortments for store placement based on market trends, sales predictions and store needs.
- Responsible for input of monthly pricing, including markdowns and hot deals, as well as checking MAP pricing for each vendor, to ensure compliance with marketing guidelines and standards
- Review brand profit margins, make suggestions for modifications to product inventory and pricing strategies, and negotiate pricing with select vendors
- Assist Buyer in all aspects of the Line Review process, including presenting buying strategies and financial projections to key business stakeholders
- Research market trends and conduct market analysis to ensure all items in assortment, including drop ship assortments, are priced competitively against our core group of competitors
- Work directly with Category Management Team (Buyer, Planner, Replenishment Analyst, Forecast Analyst, Omnichannel Merchandiser and Space Planner) to develop cost effective buying and product placement strategies, through managing and controlling inventory, that drive sales and achieve the financial goals of the department
- Provide analysis of advertising for Category Manager, complete Ad proofing and system updates as required
- Communicate Ad plans monthly to each supplier
- Own Open Order report and ensure past due purchase orders are cleaned up regularly, including evaluating and approving alternative order selections
- Enter, revise, proof, email and track/monitor shipments, deliveries, purchase orders, and transfers; prepare re-orders, fill-ins, and closeout orders as needed
- Leads collaboration with support teams on allocation, advertising, new store openings and private label development
- Develop a thorough understanding of Academy policies, procedure, and safety rules
- Duties may change; associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Regular attendance required
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary
- Up to 10% travel, overnight stays as needed
Equal Employment OpportunityAcademy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.