Assistant Buyer, The Americas
About the job
Christian Louboutin maintains a number of policies to protect its employees, including a mandatory vaccination policy, subject to reasonable accommodations for covered physical conditions and religious exemptions, as permitted by applicable law.
Overview:The Assistant Buyer works with Buying Team (& Planning Team as necessary) to assist with clerical tasks and data entry related to specific merchandise departments of the company as well as helping the Buying Team manage Sell Thru targets and Buys during market period. They will also be responsible for achieving sales objectives for the leather goods category, under the direction of the Buying Manager. This includes creating an exciting, timely, and quality product assortment that meets or exceeds the sales volume and profit plans for the Americas retail business. The position requires frequent communication with other members of the team as well as with various internal departments and various Boutiques in our network.
- Assists with creating and generating weekly, monthly and yearly sales reports
- Manages, maintains, and updates orders in system
- Comprehends the basic buying & merchandising process, displays an interest in the office, and understands the importance of their responsibilities and the impact it has on the business.
- Effectively communicates with external sources
- Actively follows through with stores to ensure that transfers are processed in a timely manner
- Demonstrates initiative; anticipates needs of business/office and responds accordingly.
- Assists with additional projects as communicated by manager
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising or related field
- Proficient in all of Microsoft Office/Suite
- Passion for Christian Louboutin and a true ambassador for the brand with strong sense of responsibility
- Ideal candidate has work experience in medium sized multinational company or luxury business.
- Additional language fluency is a plus
- Adheres to company policy and confidentiality
- Proactively contributes to creating a team atmosphere that is professional, flexible and enjoyable
- Exudes a “no task is too big or too small” attitude, with initiative, commitment, reliability, and positivity. Does not accept mediocrity
- Versatile; embraces change and is consistently able to develop and adapt to the needs of the business.
- Driven to learn and grow
- Grasps new concepts quickly, prioritizes efficiently and is organized
- Transparent and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong follow up, follow through and attention to detail to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong knowledge of computer systems/programs
Our Business and our Values:
Christian Louboutin, founded in 1991 in Paris, is a leading global luxury brand for shoes and leather goods for both women and men. Christian Louboutin is also renowned for its iconic red sole, imagined by Mr. Christian Louboutin himself, a year after the creation of the brand. The brand has more than 160 Boutiques in 38 countries featuring the signature shoes such as the iconic pumps, sneakers and loafers alongside the seasonal collections for women, men and accessories. Christian Louboutin imagines collections through a large spectrum of inspirations emanating from his love of Paris, his travels, and his passion for art and craftmanship. 2014 welcomed the launch of Christian Louboutin Beauté with the iconic Rouge Louboutin nail and lip colour.
Our people are at the heart of our brand.
We celebrate individuality and empower our team members to have responsibility, autonomy and creativity within their roles. Our colleagues share the same passion and dedication to our Brand and its continued success.
We live by our values:
We are down to earth – we stand with authenticity, integrity and respect. We have passion – we drive our business with agility, commitment and care. We feel happiness in all that we do – we collaborate with positivity, open-mindedness and fun. We find inspiration in our work – we envision the future with confidence, creativity and freedom.”
The Maison Christian Louboutin is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruitment practices that do not discriminate against any job applicant because of their race, color, gender, age, nationality, culture(s), religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We believe that a culture of diversity and individuality fosters our above core values. So, if you also share this mindset, these values, and you dream of coloring your soles red as part of the Louboutin adventure, please join us!