We have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!
Signet Jewelers is the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry, operating more than 2,800 stores worldwide under the iconic brands: Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples, Piercing Pagoda, Rocksbox and JamesAllen.com. We are a people-first company and t his core value is at the heart of everything we do, from empowering our valued team members, to collaborating with our customers, to fostering the communities in which we live and serve. People – and the love their actions inspire – are what drive us. We’re not only proud of the love we inspire outside our walls, we’re especially proud of the diversity, inclusion and equity we’re inspiring inside. There are dynamic career paths awaiting you – rewarding opportunities to impact the lives of others and inspire love. Join us!
JOB SUMMARY:Responsible for assisting Merchants and Merchandise Planners with achieving department strategy and goals. Responsible for merchandise sku’s set up, and departmental reports. Aid in the selection of product and produce development.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop understanding/knowledge base of the Jewelry Category
- Work with the Buyer to learn the elements of merchandising as it applies to their position
- Participate in on-going Competitive Shopping. Review our assortments as well as competitor to ascertain opportunities and advantages.
- Overall direction and maintenance of their merchandise category, in conjunction with the Buyer
- Identify sales trends, develop new product designs for testing and assortment opportunities
- Review Vendor product lines. Align with Buyer/Director
- Instrumental in determining various marketing vehicles, SKU selection, new merchandise programs, sales trends, and assortments which lead to sales growth and overall productivity in their area
- Be jointly accountable for the success of their specific merchandise category with regards to sales, inventory levels & gross margin goals, which are established by Management
- Participate in management of open-to-buy for assigned product categories with CMT and update as needed
- Develop Assortments - Work with Planners and Inventory Analysts to set program parameters (i.e. product attributes, assortment size, targeted inventory and turn levels, open-to-buy requirements)
- Communicate and manage with vendors re: product qualities, costs, terms, delivery dates
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
- Ability to multi-task, flexibility, and detail orientated
- Computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, and the Internet, with the ability to quickly learn other software packages (Excel, Business Objects, RMS)
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, organizational skills, and ability to prioritize
- College Graduate
- Previous retail experience a plus
- Competitive healthcare, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching after one year of employment
- Generous PTO + company holidays
- Diversity programs
- Paid subscription to PlateJoy
- Much more!