Assistant Buyer/Analyst, Pet Distribution
Our Central Pet Distribution team is are seeking an eager, growth-oriented candidate to join our Buying team. This is a fantastic role for a recent graduate or someone who is looking to take that first step in their professional career! Our Assistant Buyer/Analyst, Pet D will execute day-to-day tasks necessary to assist the Buying team. They will also obtain a general understanding of all Buying functions, including Planning and Distribution, participating in departmental meetings and becoming familiar with buying tools, terminology and responsibilities.
To learn more about Central Garden & Pet, please see our website at www.central.com . Full time employees enjoy excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, free life insurance, tuition reimbursement, product discounts and more!
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Responsible for vendor inventory reports.
- Run daily fill rate reports and write out report.
- Run vendor and dealer catalog sheets and process vendor price corrections.
- Process new items, create internal 30-character description, assign appropriate category codes. Verify proper format provided by manufacturer on internally used new item form.
- Product integrity corrections.
- Provide warehouse ERP (prelude) system support – product file setup corrections/description corrections.
- Manage single ship product file matrix and warehouse cross-referencing.
- Provide inventory levels to buyers and manager.
- Work closely with vendors and buyers.
- Keep vendor pricing files current and maintain restricted sales product list by state.
- Process upcoming manufacturing price increases.
- Set-up new vendors.
- Set vendor lead times and minimum purchase requirements.
- Maintain restricted sales product list by state, customer file for purchasing, and customer price levels.
- Communicate with Operations, Accounting and Customer Service when Vendor/Product changes occur.
- Coordinate product transitions (product downsizing) among multiple warehouses.
- Follow-up on outstanding tasks held up by other departments.
- Proficient in Word and Outlook
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel (Conditional Formats, ASAP Utilities, Pivot Tables and Macros a plus)
- Willingness and eagerness to learn new job assignments and tasks
- True team player; no assignment is too small or too big for this great group of teammates!
- High attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- High integrity and honest is a must
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.