ASSISTANT CLOTHING DESIGNER
Assistant Clothing Designer –
If you have a love for team sports and a passion for clothing, then we have a career opportunity with Colosseum Athletics for you. Colosseum, a leader in team sports apparel needs men’s assistant designers to join our expanding team. Looking for a dynamic individual, good at multi-tasking and has lots of creative energy. The position will support the Senior Manager of Men’s Design in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
- Assist and take direction from Designer(s) for preliminary design research, including competitive analysis; pull fabrics, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, and inspirational photos.
- Complete heavy volume of tech packs each season.
- Track design schedule to ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Support Designer(s) in creating Illustrator sketches; assist in preparation of specification sheets; prepare designs for line review; prepare line sheets and update as necessary.
- Review lab dips with Designer(s); coordinate print and graphics where appropriate; observe and assist with fit process; keep detailed notes.
- Attending fit meetings to communicate detailed comments on fit and construction to the Technical Design team.
- Create original graphics and patterns.
Skills and Requirements
- Basic knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Adobe Photoshop/Adobe InDesign a must!
- Bachelor’s Degree in fashion design not required but preferred.
- 2-3 years related experience and/or training in apparel Design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Strong team player
- Must have portfolio
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Compton, CA 90220: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Garment construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Communication skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location