Assistant Denim Designer
Our Client is seeking an on-site Asst. Denim Designer to join their corporate office in Vernon, CA. This candidate will be working closely with the Senior Denim Design and will be working leading a junior brand for the company. He/She will also be handling a private label leg of the brand and designing and developing the fashion denim styles from concept to production.
Please note this is a Full-time IN-OFFICE ROLE.
· Collaborate with the Design team to identify trending seasonal big ideas, key trends, and silhouettes in Denim.
· Design/ develop inspirational protos for seasonal conceptual meetings.
· Conduct competitive market research.
· Execution of product and design vision from concept, sketch/design creation, through production.
· Prepare presentation boards (Sketches, washes, fabrics).
· Adhere to and enforce all calendar deadlines.
· Collaborates with internal partners (Design, Production, Development, Sales, etc.) and external resources (agents, suppliers, laundries, mills, factories, etc.).
· Monitors product category trends. Recommends product piece types for development and inclusion in the line.
· Complete spec/tech packages including technical illustrations, construction details, trim sheets, etc.
· 0-1 year of design experience in womenswear Denim is a MUST. Internships counts.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent
· Knowledge of manufacturing with Domestic and International factories (including construction and fit) and component sourcing/manufacturing (materials development, duties, etc.).
· Ability to problem-solve when dealing with specifications, construction, or material issues.
· Strong Photoshop & Illustrator skills
· Strong sketching and design capability
Salary: $50K-55K per year
Benefits: Health Insurance + 401K + PTO