Komar, a global leader in the design, sourcing, manufacturing and distribution of apparel with a diverse portfolio of owned, licensed and private label brands is seeking an Assistant Designer to join our sleepwear team!
- Assist designer with day-to-day activities associated with design and product development in a high volume, high paced environment.
- Sketch and recolor CADS and catalogues using Illustrator.
- Assist in the creation of digital and physical fabric, color swatch and design boards for internal and buyer presentations.
- Collaborate with technical design team and production to ensure accurate and timely sample development.
- Assist with preparing tech packs for production and technical design teams which include construction details, sketches, fabrications, trim sheets and colors- using both Illustrator and Excel.
- 1 year of similar design work experience or design internship experience.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be able follow both verbal and written feedback and know when to ask for help when clarification is needed.
- Must be able to work independently, multitask, be extremely organized and comfortable working in a remote digital format.
- Positive attitude, desire to learn and ability to work well in team environment both remotely and in person.
- Good color sense and understanding of graphics, prints and fabrics.
- Must be able to sketch garments from photos in illustrator and have firm understanding of garment construction to create tech packs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-up skills.