Responsible for all operations and processes related to the developing seasonal concepts
and designing merchandise offered for sale. Primary job functions are assisting in the
design development, researching availability of fabrics and trims, managing the
production and delivery of samples and maintaining the design data and related
information utilized in the company’s systems. The position will work with the designers
to learn the brand culture and ensure communication throughout the design process
(designers to patternmakers, factories, fabric mills, technical service support and sales
groups) in order to deliver designs within expected timeframes.
- Develop seasonal calendar (Gant Chart) to identify key actions and deadlines during the
- Maintain seasonal list of styles being created to ensure data accuracy in company’s
systems. Write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and
- Coordinate workers involved in drawing and cutting patterns and constructing samples
or finished garments to ensure timely production of samples.
- Contribute opinions and options when designing a product.
- Identify trim/fabric sourcing and information for use in samples (i.e. price, availability,
- Purchase new or used clothing and accessory items as needed to complete designs.
- Organize and maintain archive of Samples (coordinate w/tech design and sales).
Bachelor’s of Fine Arts (Design) degree with experience in developing samples for
apparel. Prior experience with a casual line is preferred.
Must communicate effectively with designers to convey information and develop action
plans. Must be able to enter and sort style related details using Adobe Photoshop and
Microsoft Excel and should be detail-orientated in maintaining accurate information.