New York, NY, USAPosted 4 days ago
Full timeno requirements
- The Assistant Designer is responsible for supporting the creation of and delivering innovative, brand right products and solutions that support strategic initiatives. In partnership with the Senior Designer, they will interpret the creative direction for seasonal product assortments. The Assistant Designer will assist in achieving the aesthetic objectives and ensure all timelines and processes are met.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting the Senior Designer in the design and development, research and presentation of ideas to continually fuel the creative process while supporting commercial concept needs; creates and communicates the seasonal designs and gives merchandising suggestions on color palette, prints and patterns.
- Produce accurate flat sketches and complete tech packs that clearly propose proportion, detail, fit and thorough design intention.
- Work closely with the senior designer & technical designer to develop prototypes that fit appropriate cost targets and brand aesthetic.
- Track adherence to T&A calendar and processes; report all updates/issues on all product.
- Ongoing communication with Factory Partners and Cross Functional Team to ensure top quality and aesthetic.
- Manage the style numbering process and set up.
- Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop Proficiency for sketches and creation of line sheets
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite: Office, Teams, Powerpoint, Excel & Word
- 0-2 years of experience in Apparel Design
- Knowledge of sewing techniques, garment construction, fitting
- Strong flat sketching in Illustrator and experience recoloring prints in Photoshop a plus
- Follow the execution of all product details, beyond form, fit and performance, including construction, color, style, detail and cost/value requirements
- High level of organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and team player