Overview: To assist Designers in creative execution of the product.
· Work closely with Design Team to create concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, prints, trim, embellishments, and graphics.
· Assists in research of seasonal trends, themes, colors, raw materials, styling and trims.
· Execute sketches in adobe illustrator
· Work with Technical Design partners in preparing specs from initial concept and participate in fittings
· Work with Production to maintain design concept throughout production process
· Prepare professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, fabrication and garment samples.
· 0-2 years Design experience
· Apparel Design degree
· Strong illustration skills
· Demonstrated creative sense and ability
· Trend/fashion awareness
· Technical sketching ability (Adobe Illustrator)
· Working knowledge of garment construction and trim
· Garment measurement and specification experience
· Excellent color sense
· Self directed
· Team player
· Ability to multi-task
· Strong written and communication skills
· Good follow through, sense of urgency
· Demonstrated ability to do creative, focused visual presentations
· Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
· Knowledge of PLM