Assistant Outerwear Designer is responsible for assisting team in designing and developing outerwear by interpreting concepts into finished product.
This includes developing moods, color palette, fabrication, and silhouettes for the upcoming season. Needs to know how to market research, draw detailed flat sketches on Illustrator, have basic garment construction knowledge, and fabric/trim knowledge.
This person would be responsible for assisting the Head Designer and Designer with daily tasks.
Successful candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 0-2 years of related experience in apparel and a degree in Fashion design.
- A thorough understanding of fabric construction, color and printing techniques.
- Ability to do flat drawings/sketches on Illustrator for design prototypes.
- Ability to market research online and in-stores for season.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to follow-up on email and daily tasks.
- Have sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in Adobe Suite ( Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.)