As the Assistant Designer, you will lend technical and practical support to designers.
THE ROLE (what you are accountable for)
- Knowledge of garment construction and sewing
- Able to create flat CAD sketches on illustrator
- Basic photoshop skills
- Adhere to calendar deadlines.
- Keep design tools, fabrics, palettes, trims, design racks organized
- Create and maintain line sheets.
- Create/Manage BOMs/TPs on the design side
- Learn from designers on both denim and sportswear sides and be able to work on different categories
- Able to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Eager to learn and grow in the fashion business
- pleasant to work with
- Have a great work ethic
- A team player
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Has an open mind and is a constant support for the Mainline Design team.
- Learns quickly and needs little supervision when tasked.
- Thrives in efficiency and organization, willing to work hard and hit strict deadlines.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in fashion design/ technical design or relevant experience working in the industry performing the tasks mentioned above
- Efficient in MS office, Excel (PDM system experience is a plus)
- Intermediate skills in Adobe, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $8.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90015: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location