We are looking for a women’s RTW Design Assistant that will work with the Senior Designer and the Product Development team to help design, research & develop the collection across all categories - from initial design concept through the preparation of detailed technical fit packages.
This position requires experience with sketching, draping, pattern making and garment construction. The Design Assistant possesses the ability to conduct fittings on live models as well as on fit forms. The candidate will be responsible for communicating fit comments and corrections to domestic and international vendors & factories. The ability to clearly and concisely communicate through technical sketches, patterns, samples and garment specifications, as well as written and verbal forms, is a must. This individual is responsible for resolving fit issues, to conduct fit sessions while providing insight, feedback and resolution to the design and production teams.
- Work directly with the Senior Designer to understand their ideas and help to develop via sketches, drapes and research.
- Launch styles by creating tech packs which include sketches, fit notes, and fitting pictures for Prototypes and Final Samples
- Issue cut tickets (BOM)
- Assist in preparing photoshop mockups of the collection
- Work with Pattern Makers and Sample Makers to ensure fit approval in a timely manner while ensuring the quality is up to MONSE standards
- Trouble shoot technical issues and provide spec requirements as needed. Provide technical and construction expertise on how to correct or achieve a desired look and give detailed feedback on samples.
- Attend and participate in weekly fittings, prepare and send comments and photos to factories.
- Pass off Final sample specs and in-house alteration comments to the Production team
- Collaborate with Production on any foreseeable problems and offer alternatives and solutions without compromising on the look.
- Assist with CADS and markers for prints and embroideries as needed. Relay print placements to factories and re-engineer prints for production.
- Manage Design interns.
· 2-3+ years of work experience in Design
· Capability to lead and conduct fittings
· Strong knowledge of fit and draping
· Computer skills required; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Excel
· Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner - strong written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail, accuracy, with strong organizational skills
· Self-motivated and flexible/adaptable in a fast-paced environment
· Able to organize and prioritize the department workload.