Assists the Design team through all phases of seasonal development. Communicates and partners with overseas vendors and internal cross functional team members through all development stages.
- Communicates with domestic and overseas vendors to ensure that all requests, changes, updates, etc. are handled in a quick, concise, and thoughtful manner.
- Researches, develops, tracks, and approves all design trim for each collection within a season.
- Sketches all seasonal design in Adobe Illustrator, enters all style information into PLM and makes revisions and corrections when necessary.
- Communicates seasonal brand right trend ideas through market shopping, internet, and print media research.
- Organizes all style and trim information for reference and easy access.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Adobe Illustrator
· Photoshop and Web PDM or equivalent
· Basic patternmaking and garment construction
· Basic knowledge of fabric qualities for the garment industry
· Positive attitude
· Works well with others
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or a related field strongly preferred
- 0+ years of related experience.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position