Assistant Designer- Accessories (shoes+handbags+jewelry)
ANINE BING Corporation is a fast-growing fashion & commerce brand revolutionizing the way products are developed, produced, marketed, sold, and delivered to customers. The brand reaches customers across social platforms, eCommerce, branded brick-and-mortar stores, and major department stores. ANINE BING has a global presence, with 20 stores in 7 countries around the world.
ANINE BING has 150+ employees across Sales, Production, Design, Operations, and Customer Service located in Downtown Los Angeles. Key investors include Index Ventures founder Danny Rimer (Facebook, Dropbox, Net-A-Porter), Greycroft Partners founder Dana Settle (Bumble, Cuyana, Farfetch), and Felix Capital founder Frederic Court (Goop, Farfetch, Vitrue, Dailymotion).
What We Are Looking ForThis position requires a highly collaborative designer who loves working in a fast-paced environment. This is a role for a passionate, creative, and self-motivated individual.
Our headquarters are located in Los Angeles, and this role is required to be in-office 4-days per week.
- Assist team on - all accessory (shoes+ handbags + Jewelry).
- Sketch and create tech packs each season - input components for bill of materials and garment construction pages.
- Attend fittings and update tech packs with sketch changes & BOM updates as needed.
- Work closely with cross functional partners in Product Development and the Technical team with design development.
- Manage & Organize samples & fabric books in office.
- Manage design line sheets through development phase.
- Approve bulk submits for production team.
- Approve development submits, print submits, and lab dips.
- Attend Proto Review meetings & review samples with the Executive team.
- Maintain email correspondence with overseas offices.
- Manage and adhere to the design calendar and attend all relevant product meetings as required.
- We require this role to be in office 4-days per week.
- Must be willing to travel up to 15%.
- Must be in Los Angeles.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design.
- 2-4 years of experience in a Women's Contemporary brand.
- Tech savvy with expertise in Excel, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of garment construction is a must.
- Must be a team player, have ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines and take initiative.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment and can take direction and feedback with utmost professionalism.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and change.
- Must be detail-oriented, willing to learn and be flexible!
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Please provide a portfolio for reference.
Perks & Benefits
- The compensation for this position is $65,000 USD
- Health Insurance: Generous stipend for Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO: Subject to Manager Approval
- Flexible work schedule
- Clothing Discount: Generous employee discount
- Amazing Culture
SUCCESS AT ANINE BING REQUIRES THAT...
- You love to win
- You are a doer
- You are a team player
- You are humble
- You are honest, straightforward and transparent
- You are a good teacher/mentor (approachable and accessible)
- You are an advocate for the Design Team
- You are organized
- You are creatively open-minded
- You want to get your hands dirty
- You solve problems
- You are resilient
- You are flexible
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate
- You naturally go the extra mile
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses
- You love working in a creative environment
- You work hard to find a solution that works best for the company and team
- You have a sense of humor
- You are an insatiable learner