GameGuard is a growing outdoor apparel and accessories company. With a unique camouflage pattern, the company specializes in the hunting apparel industry and has spent the past decade expanding into other markets. As a growing company, GameGuard is looking for long-term employees who wish to grow with the company.
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Apparel Designer is to assist the Lead Designer, Management, the Sales Team, and our manufacturing partners in developing apparel, accessories, and related products from the initial concept through final production. This process will include assisting in developing and presenting initial designs, team review, and approval process.
This individual will contribute to existing designs while assisting with developing new initiatives aligned with company goals. The candidate will assist the lead designer with a wide range of design functions, including updating tech packs, updating WIPs, tracking samples, and contributing to new product development. This position requires strong communication skills for factory communication. The Assistant Designer must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet deadlines on time.
- Update and maintain all aspects of design – sketching, Tech Packs, creating and maintaining line sheets
- Document design changes and project notes, resolutions, and other pertinent events that occur throughout the development and manufacturing process
- Coordinate new styles, UPC’s, and naming conventions with cross-functional teams
- Assist with fit samples and provide manufacturing partners with technical direction as described by leadership for corrective actions to meet specific project objectives
- Modify technical drawings, construction annotations, and grading as required after each round of fit reviews
- Evaluate top-of-production samples to ensure quality standards
- Assist in maintaining/organizing styles, trims, and development of library
- Must have the ability to see and assess color accurately and provide manufacturing partners with accurate feedback to make appropriate color adjustments to dye lots and printed apparel
- Maintain the on-site product showroom with all current, in-production products, including laundering and/or steaming items as required for optimal presentation
- Perform quality assurance audits as needed
- Daily communication with overseas partners via email, phone or Microsoft Teams
- Assist in updating the style tracking document for the lifecycle of products
- Domestic and international travel may be periodically required to assess new manufacturing partners, develop new products, and perform quality assurance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing or Design or similar
- Technical design experience a plus
- Strong command of patternmaking and grading helpful
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator/Photoshop
- Solid knowledge of Gerber PLM
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of basic sewing and garment construction
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with an acute focus to detail
- High level of initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with fittings on live models/ability to recommend changes in grading
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive and deadline-driven environment
- Handles constructive criticism well
While performing the job responsibilities, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee must often sit for extended periods, type, and reach to answer a telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to view a computer monitor.