Assistant Designer - Apparel
Earthbound is a leading product design, licensing and brand growth company that expands the reach of brands in the market on a global scale. With 20 years of expertise in retail licensing, product development, and product design, Earthbound augments brand potential by offering unprecedented growth for powerhouse brands. Our seasoned, innovative, and agile capabilities deliver superior results while maintaining our uncompromising values which place people first, embrace change, and act with humility and integrity. For more information, please visit www.earthboundbrands.com.
We work in a Hybrid work environment, where our teams are in the office Monday-Wednesday and working remotely Thursday and Friday. Our office is in the Flatiron District NYC.
- Are passionate about design, style, fashion, and women’s apparel.
- Love to work collaboratively in a group and have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
- Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead.
- Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking.
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details.
- Committed to your career growth and professional development.
- Work diligently, have accountability to deliver on deadlines.
Overview of Position:
The Assistant Designer – Apparel will collaborate with the women’s apparel design team, providing valuable support in the creative execution of products across various Wovens categories including tops, bottoms, dresses, and outerwear. This role demands exceptional organizational skills, acute attention to detail, and the ability to adapt swiftly to shifting priorities. A deep-rooted passion for fashion design, coupled with an innovative mindset, is essential to drive the brand’s elevation. The ideal candidate will possess a solid background in developing comprehensive tech packs and proficient sketching abilities, combining technical proficiency with artistic flair.
- Work with design team in creating tech packs from initial concept through development.
- Sketch flat and details construction by using illustrator for tech packs.
- Help create designs and incorporate feedback for finalization.
- Assist in research of seasonal trends, market, and customer research.
- Ensure that swatch library is maintained by tracking, collecting, and organizing all information.
- Assist in the development of the complete concept for the season and adapt it appropriately to the individual merchandise areas assigned.
- Assist the team in partnering with production, fabric development, and sourcing to design merchandise.
- Assist in reviewing the line plan with team/brand and agree on overall direction and content of the line for a season.
- Assist with organizing and building concept design boards and presentation materials.
- Keep design boards neat and up to date.
- Prep samples and proto for review.
- Keep samples organized and labeled correctly.
- Ensure company objectives are met by helping create products that can drive sales and profitability in the organization.
- Support design team with daily tasks and seasonal projects.
- Execute specific design development projects as assigned by Design Management.
- Perform additional duties and assignments as requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, Fashion, or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience (new grads welcome to apply).
- Portfolio showcasing design work.
- Strong color and creative sense as well as trend/fashion awareness.
- Knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, construction techniques, and trim.
- Knowledge of fabric treatments as well as wash and dye techniques Expertise with Adobe Suite - Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Collaborative and eager to learn.
- Ability to take direction, handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Exceptional organization skills as well as the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Compensation: $45,000 - $53,000 DOE