Assistant Designer - Apparel
Supports the development of trend groups and assists in implementing and creating technical packages.
MUST SUBMIT PORTFOLIO LINK OR SAMPLESWhat You'll Do:
- Completes silhouette sketching and detailed technical sketches.
- Researches fabrics and trims through shopping, internet, magazines, etc.
- Coordinates layout artwork pages.
- Creates, organizes and updates reference libraries (fabrics, tech packs, development samples).
- Assists Designer in daily design processes.
- 1-2 years of design experience including technical knowledge.
- Strong computer skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Hand sketching experience a preferred.
- Able to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
- Possesses strong organizational time management skills.
- Excellent sense of urgency and consistency.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- On-site gym, basketball court and car wash service. Commuter benefits. Discounts on cell phones, and computer purchases, entertainment tickets and more.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization.