Assistant Designer - Belts
Design Assistant - Belts
Linea Pelle designs and manufactures women's, men’s and children's belts and accessories for major retailers and specialty stores. We have built a significant private label business from our origins as a successful designer brand—Linea Pelle Collection--with worldwide distribution.
Our current focus and strength is providing our customers with personalized design and development to suit their unique merchandising needs. We have offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Dongguan, China. With a strong network of overseas partner factories, we provide top tier design through delivery service to meet our customers' needs.
* Please read carefully. You MUST know Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, & inDesign). You must also have experience in 3D (Clo/Fusion). You should have a degree in Fashion or Accessories Design.
- Assist Senior Designer in all aspects of creating product and sales presentations.
- Understand and support the interpretation of fashion trends and market needs.
- Photograph samples coming from factories, clean, crop, and save to shared drive for use in presentations.
- Create 3D renderings as needed.
- Create & review tech packs under direction as needed.
- Create detailed CADs in Illustrator for both hardware and development.
- Maintain development charts in partnership with the sourcing team in Dongguan—updating due dates and tracking packages.
- Review all samples before sending to customers & keep record of what is sent.
- Meet weekly with manager to review priorities for the week, and touch in regularly on progress, potential roadblocks.
- Build and maintain effective relations with cross-functional partners.
- 1-2 years’ relevant work experience preferred. Will consider enthusiastic recent college graduates with internship experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion or Fashion Accessories, or equivalent experience.
- A genuine interest in Accessories design and development.
- Interest in fashion and an understanding of trend research when it comes to the apparel & accessories industry.
·Experience in 3D software programs required. Clo 3D & Fusion 360.
·Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign required.
- Strong PC skills including e-mail, Word & Excel.
- Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented.
- Be able to effectively manage time, meet deadlines and multi-task. Pay strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.Energetic and enthusiastic
- Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach
- $45,000 - $55,000 annually
** This is an in-person position in NYC office 5 days a week. Position is not remote.
** Please note all employees in our NY Studio are vaccinated. We highly encourage applicants to be vaccinated as this is an in-house position. WFH will be considered given the local ordinances regarding the pandemic.
** Please note this is afashion accessories design job. It is not UX or Industrial design.
** Relocation will not be offered for this position.