Assistant Designer, Calvin Klein Jeans Accessories
Pay Range: $65,000 - $90,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
Job descriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Assistant Designer supports the design team in the research, design and development of Men's and Women's handbag, small leather goods and belts, with a focus on small leather goods. The ideal candidate is highly creative, energetic and possesses a high fashion aesthetic and youthful approach to design. They must also have strong organizational skills and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Assist design team with concept, shape, material, trims and color research at the start of each season.
- Execute sketches and specs to communicate designs to factories
- Communicate with product development teams in NY and Asia to ensure samples are executed properly and arrive on time
- Track, receive and correct samples
- Render and adjust CADs in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Responsible for design and development of Men's and Women's small leather goods under the guidance of the Sr Designer.
- Support and collaborate with design team in all accessories categories
- Help maintain linesheets and color palettes
- Build and maintain hardware and spec libraries
- Participate in departmental and cross-departmental meetings as appropriate
- Prepare showrooms for in-person sample reviews and meetings and/or offer support for digital presentations
- Assist in maintaining and organizing sample and material closets
- Stays abreast of current and emerging trends via retailing, web sites, trend services and editorials.
DECISION MAKING:May be asked to do research or to source materials and trims that align with design vision
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY:Should possess an awareness of trends, be highly creative and have a youthful design eye
ENVIRONMENT:Team oriented, creative environment. Ability to be flexible with hours and adapt to a process-driven deadline-focused calendar.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal:Design, Product Development, Global Merchandising
ProfileQUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience:1-2 years of Accessories Design experience
Education:Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
- Hand sketching ability
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Energetic and highly creative
- Hands-on mentality
- Ability to multi-task
- Organized with excellent note-taking and follow-up
- Eager to learn