Our client is an iconic fashion brand creating the latest apparel and accessories. With their innovative, on-trend, and creative designs they are industry leaders in the fashion space.
This role is a full-time, onsite role in Montebello, CA. Once trained, it may flex to hybrid schedule.
Assistant Designer Overview:
As an Assistant Designer, you will support the Design team on all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to final development. The Assistant Designer researches relevant trends, maintains the organization of the design office, communicates with cross-functional teams (Merchandising, Production, Graphics, Sweaters, Knits), and assists in preparation for all milestone meetings.
Assistant Designer Responsibilities:
· Provide administrative support from concept to design to final development
· Assist with the management of cross-functional communication between merchants, production, technical design, and external vendors
· Collaborate with other teams internally to organize & keep track of samples
· Help with the preparation of presentation boards for seasonal/milestone meetings
· Research concepts, create sketches, prototypes and artwork throughout the concept development phase
· Assist Design team in all aspects of design process as needed
Assistant Designer Key Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Design or related area
· 1 – 2 years of experience in Design
· Understanding of customer preferences on fashion and style trends
· Strong sketching skills, color sense, and fabric knowledge
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
· Experience in cutting and sewing sweaters and knits