Assistant Designer - childrenswear
The Golden Touch Group is a family-owned and operated wholesale apparel manufacturer with a mission to deliver trend-focused products for nearly 50 years. We produce private label brands for large mass-market retailers across the globe specializing in children's, junior, missy, and women's apparel.
This role will be responsible for designing styles for children’s apparel, working under a Senior Designer
- Excellent taste level and understanding of the childrenswear trend curve from core to fashion basic to fashion product
- Help build the line according to style plans, Clients’ needs and emerging trends
- Ownership of category based on business needs with oversight from Senior Designer
- Create tech packs and flat sketches
- Responsible for sketching and designing silhouettes as directed by senior designer
- Assist in Identifying trends and conceptualizing new ideas for kids apparel that complement the existing brand aesthetics
- Stay informed and ahead of competitive landscape and industry trends and translate for the brand
- Partner with Sr Designer to ensure that the assortment reflects concept direction
- Assist with approvals, corrections, updates and changes to all product
- Manage sample photo requests with office overseas
- Manage color ordering with office overseas
Degree in Fashion Design and or Product Development
- Attention to detail and skilled problem solver
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills- verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment under pressure
- Extremely proficient using Illustrator and Photoshop
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Salary Range: $45K - $58K*
- As a private company, Golden Touch may pay more or less than the published upper limit of the pay range based on an individual’s demonstrated experience and expertise in their field. The pay ranges serve as a target and allow us to consider relevant experience, time in the role, salaries of internal peers, business sector, prior performance, and geographic location.