Assistant Designer, Color and Print
About the Role
In this role, you will work in an energizing, inclusive, and creative environment focused on concepting and creating sustainable product that exceeds customers' expectations. Your goal is to partner with cross functional team members who collectively are responsible for ensuring that the product style, fit, and quality are more than worth the price for our customers. Responsibilities include assisting in designing the product line, preparing sketches, and assisting with basic specifications of the product. Must lean into risk taking and be customer curious!
What You'll Do
- Research global markets in order to identify new seasonal trends, silhouettes, colors, prints, fabrics, techniques, product categories and competitive inspiration.
- Assist in developing concepts and sketches for product line and advocate for design ideas by presenting to internal leadership and cross functional partners.
- Develop strong internal cross functional relationships with Merchandising, Production, Technical design, Gap Inc Sourcing (GIS), Visual Merchandising and Marketing to ensure product concept to store and site execution is a seamless experience.
- Partner with Production and Tech Design to create tech packs and communicate vision behind fit and product design, ensuring execution, quality, and desired margin targets are achieved.
- Ask effective questions and solicit feedback to understand needs.
- Complete structured assignments, like attending fit sessions with manager, and makes revisions to sketch and design packages based on stated priorities.
- Manage administration and follow up of product design process such as presentation boards creation to ensure team stays organized and hits required deadlines.
- Maintain physical color library by restocking inventory, retiring colors and organizing as needed.
- Assist with seasonal color palette distribution.
- Support department with invoicing, reordering supplies and printer maintenance as needed.
- Assist with PLM data entry for color standards and CAD files.
- Prepare CAD files for production following standardized packaging system.
- Maintain and organize physical print archive and strike off libraries.
Who You Are
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment, with the ability to juggle multiple seasons at one time and track development deadlines
- Possess an elevated sense of style, aesthetic, and color and understand how to translate trends through the lens of the customer and brand filter
- Thorough knowledge of silhouette, fit, fabrication, construction, color use, sewing techniques, and trim; applied knowledge of garment construction methods to design process
- Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel
- Recognize and act on inconsistencies in data or results
- Must be highly organized.