Assistant Designer - Crewcuts Accessories
Title: Assistant Designer
Reports to: Designer
Overview: To assist Designer in creative execution of all accessories & footwear product under Crewcuts umbrella
- Work closely with Designer to create seasonal Footwear & Accessories collection, assist with color stories, fabric developments, hardware sourcing, embellishments and new novelty materials.
- Help to prepare professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, color renderings and fabrications
- Work to create seasonal tech packs in Excel & PLM with detailed information on product creation, measurements and details
- Assists in research of seasonal trends, themes, colors, raw materials, styling and trims.
- Work with Technical Design in preparing specs from initial concept to technical design cards.
- Work with Production to maintain design concept through out production process.
- 0-2 years Design experience
- Footwear and/or Accessories Design degree
- Strong illustration skills
- Trend/fashion awareness
- Technical sketching ability (flat and illustration)
- Working knowledge of accessories construction and measurements
- Excellent color sense
- Self directed
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and time manage
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow up
- Strong written and communication skills
- Good follow through, sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to do creative, focused visual presentations
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel, PLM knowledge is a plus
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.