Assistant Designer - Cut and Sew Knits
Title: Assistant Designer - Cut and Sew Knits
Reports to: Design Director
Overview: To assist with Designers in creative execution of the product.
- Work closely with Design Director and Senior Designer to execute seasonal concept, select color stories and develop fabrics, trims and graphics.
- Prepare professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, fabrications, and garment samples.
- Assist in research of seasonal trends, themes, colors, raw materials, styling, and trims.
- Create illustrator flat sketches based on seasonal concept and business needs.
- Work with Technical Design in preparing specs from initial concept to technical design cards.
- Create and update the bill of materials for all knits styles each season in Flex PLM system.
- 0-2 years Design experience
- Apparel Design degree
- Strong illustration skills
- Demonstrated creative sense and ability
- Trend/fashion awareness
- Technical sketching ability (flat and illustration)
- Working knowledge of garment construction and trim
- Garment measurement and specification experience
- Excellent color sense
- Self directed
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong written and communication skills
- Good follow through, sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to do creative, focused visual presentations
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop and Flex PLM