Assistant Designer, Denim
The Assistant Denim Designer provides operational support to the Design team in the creation and execution of a line. He/she researches relevant trends, maintains the organization of the design office, communicates with the cross functional team (Merchandising, Production, Tech Design, and Trim Team), and assists the team in preparation for all milestone meetings.
- Research and identify trends that are relevant to the Lucky Brand customer
- Shop the market on a regular basis for ideas and inspiration
- Maintain awareness of current selling information as well as market trends and conditions
- Compile wash development standards, and communicate was comments to production
- Develop strong working relationships with cross functional team members (Merchandising, Production and Graphics) through communication and problem solving.
- Create sketches of styles in development
- Execute technical packages that are organized and accurate
- Maintain seasonal collection boards and walls
- Create and update seasonal assortment sheet.
- Understand the basics of the production process as it relates to the classification.
- Maintain awareness of corporate calendar and help supervisor manage deadlines.
- Attend and participate in fit sessions. Take detailed notes and follow up as needed.
- Adhere to the design team budget and invoice process
- Assist in day to day projects including filing/organizing, copying and updating development packages
- Strong sketching skills
- Understanding of the customer demographic and trends related to
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Photoshop, & Illustrator