Assistant Designer (Design Ops)
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments. The Assistant Designer supports the Design Operations team in the creation of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) packages and pre-production design work under the guidance of the Product Development Manager.
- Attend style review meetings with Design teams to understand vision / concepts prior to initiating the tech pack process.
- Follow up with Design teams on all pending information post style review meetings.
- Assist in generating Bill of Material (BOM) pages comprised of all garment components: fabrics, trims, embellishments, labels and packaging.
- Assist in building manufacturing worksheets to communicate proper stitching and seaming specifications using the ISO 4915 stitch matrix.
- Update technical callouts on wash, finish and dry processes for denim category.
- Modify and update PLM information as needed though out the development/production process.
- Provide organizational support to the Design Operations team by maintaining digital and physical reference materials.
- Update product guide manuals and fabric material library for all brands.
- Comprehensive understanding of the entire Product Development cycle and all milestones
- Working knowledge of garment construction, sewing techniques and seam classifications.
- Technical knowledge of fabric qualities, construction and finishes for all product categories
- Proficiency in Flex PLM and Adobe products
- Basic understanding of Child Safety Guidelines
- Superior organizational and communication skills; team oriented
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high performance environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and accountability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant design experience
- Summer Fridays
- Generous PTO
- Merchandise discounts
- Excellent career development opportunities