Full Job Description
Keeco LLC is one of the largest home textile distributors and pillow manufacturers in America. Developing high-quality products for our customers which include the top US retailers. Keeco LLC associates enjoy a wide range of affordable benefits, training, advancement opportunities, paid time off, and so much more. At Keeco we value our employees, so come and be part of our team!
Keeco offers all full-time employees Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company matching, Paid Time Off, Flexible Spending accounts for both Medical and Dependent Care, Life/AD&D, and Long-Term Care Insurance paid by Keeco, and Educational Assistance.
Assist Designers and Senior Designers in all phases of product development, design, design process management, graphic design, presentation, and visual communications. This is a hybrid position. 2 to 3 days in the office. Please plan on presenting your portfolio collection.
- Help the Design Director execute projects according to deadlines
- Work directly with Designer Director to execute projects according to deadlines.
- CAD work: creating mappings & tech packs for overseas teams.
- Create new patterns or reutilize artwork in our archives. This includes recoloring or indexing artwork files.
- Participate in trend comp shopping and keep up with what is happening in the marketplace.
- Organizing fabric references and artworks.
- Assist in the coordination and completion of showroom set-ups.
- Digitize artworks, create print repeats, as well as, create prints from scratch.
- Create lab dip pitch sheets to send overseas.
- Assist to create CAD and spec files. Creating cut and sew mechanicals, and assist in preparing engraving sheets for prints.
- Maintain and update color & fabric library.
- Conduct design market research using magazines, trend services, and fabric stores.
- Comply with company safety policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Other projects/duties as assigned by Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS OR EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design and/or Art
- 1-2 years of textile experience
- Technical skills: Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Must have working knowledge of repeats, color indexing and printing methods
- Keen eye for design and color; keeping up with relevant market trends
- Self-motivated and team player; able to collaborate with multiple teams to execute projects
- Organized and able to multi-task.
- Be able to take design direction while also having a clear design perspective
- Flexible to deadline demands and changing schedule
- Ability to multi-task; handling several projects simultaneously
- Able to work in a fast pace environment with tight turnaround times
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team work skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment practices are implemented without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local fair employment law practices.