We are searching for a talented assistant designer to work with our client Autumn Adeigbo on her exciting apparel and accessory line. This role will support the designer and founder in the creation of the collection. This role supports all categories including apparel, accessories, and footwear. The ideal candidate has a strong contemporary aesthetic and knowledge of print and pattern. Is able to multi-task and has excellent sketching capabilities.
- Assist at trend meetings each season
- Consistently shop the market (our competition and aspirational brands) for inspiration and product opportunities
- Assist in designing the line according to classification/style plans, sales needs, and emerging trends.
- Adhere to the time and action calendar
- Participate in seasonal color direction and color palette building
- Create artwork for product packaging, labelling and hardware and trims.
- Manage communication with sample rooms to ensure correct and timely samples
- Along with the designer and production manager attend all comparison fittings, proto fittings and production fittings to ensure we have the best fit and details
- Build strong relationships with sales, production, tech, fabric R&D and marketing
- Create CADS and techpacks
- wash comments as needed
- Work closely with founder (creative director and designer in all aspects of product development
- 1-3 years of experience designing for a contemporary woman’s apparel brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent
- Knowledge in manufacturing (including construction and fit) and component sourcing/manufacturing (materials development, duties, etc).
- Experience communication with vendors
- Strong cross functional relationship skills.
- Ability to problem-solve when dealing with specifications, construction or material issues with vendors.
- Strong Photoshop & Illustrator skills & CAD skills
- Experience with print and pattern
- Strong sketching and design capability
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit.