Assistant Designer- Factory Boys
Overview: To assist Designers in creative execution of the product.
- Work closely with Design Team to create concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, prints, trim, embellishments, and graphics.
- Assists in research of seasonal trends, themes, colors, raw materials, styling and trims.
- Execute sketches in adobe illustrator
- Work with Technical Design partners in preparing specs from initial concept and participate in fittings
- Work with Production to maintain design concept throughout production process
- Prepare professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, fabrication and garment samples.
- 0-2 years Design experience
- Apparel Design degree
- Strong illustration skills
- Demonstrated creative sense and ability
- Trend/fashion awareness
- Technical sketching ability (Adobe Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of garment construction and trim
- Garment measurement and specification experience
- Excellent color sense
- Self directed
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong written and communication skills
- Good follow through, sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to do creative, focused visual presentations
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of PLM
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.